|| Waking thoughts
||Jan. 24th, 2007 07:35 am|
1) Ooh, cold!|
*glance at window*
2) Ooh, frost!
*gets nearer window*
3) Ooh, SNOW!
*looks down at height of snow on top of cars*
4) Eek! A whole *INCH!* Public Transport DOOOOOOOOOOO0o0o0o0OM!
The radio told me it has snowed before I got as far as looking out of the window, though to be fair I was already wondering why I'd woken up at 6am (after getting to bed around midnight) because it was too bright outside.
My thought progression hence went:
1. It's snowing, apparently.
2. *looks out of window* Yup, that's a fair bit of snow.
3. Public transport DOOOOOOOOM.
4. I'm having another 15 mins in bed - better to be late and warm in bed than late and standing at a freezing bus-stop or railway station.
Croydon was a nightmare. There were almost no buses running - waited 20 minutes for a bus which normally comes every five, and eventually gave up and walked. And the trains were all delayed by at least half an hour.
All for an inch and a half of snow!