Thoughts on the day - Grin with cat attached
|Thoughts on the day||Jul. 7th, 2005 04:18 pm|
1) Well done, and heartfelt thanks, to the emergency services and TFL for their actions today - including those who created the London Emergency Plan and those who carried it out.|
2) The next person to tell me that politics has no effect on their life is going to get very short shrift.
3) The "War on Terror" is not the solution to this. It's one of the primary causes. And watch out for Bush using this as an excuse to "Crack down on Terror" or weasel out of debt-relief or environmental agreements at G8.
4) Watch out also for more pro- ID card hype shortly, from a government that sees both a chance to get what it wants, and to "look like they're doing something".
5) The tube is going to be hell for a while. The upper half of the Circle line will be out tomorrow, and probably a number of other stations and sections. There will be a *lot* of false alarms in the following seeks. However, better false alarms than real ones.
6) It's 60 years since the Blitz, and a fair few years since any IRA bombs on the UK mainland, yet Londoners seem almost disturbingly pragmatic. Is there something in the water here?